The predecessor of the bureau is affiliated with the Food Office of the Taiwan Provincial Government, which is the executive institution for the grain policies.On July 1st, 1999, according to the stipulation in Item 2, Article V of the Temporary Ordinance for the Adjustment of the Function, Operation, and Organization of Taiwan Provincial Government, the bureau was annexed to become the Eastern Region Food Administration Office of Agriculture Committee of Administrative Yuan. On January 30th, 2004, the bureau was changed for the system into the Eastern Region BranchAgriculture and Food Agency Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan.
Execution & Management To execute, coordinate, and superintend crops productions and marketing stable measures. To collect information, analyze the economy, and forecast of the agricultural grain industry. To execute, coordinate, and superintend the rescue for natural disaster of the agricultural grain industry. To improve the wholesale grain market, retail modernizing, and direct sales. Being the executive and director to handle the agricultural chemicals, fertilizers, seedlings and farm machinery inspection, the fertilizer transportation, and the sales service. To ensure the purchase, storage, transport, grind, and distribution of the grain. To manage the grain business; to execute and direct the adjustment of the grain. To execute and coordinate the affairs of rice classified examination. The other related items of agricultural grain industry.
The Agriculture and Food Agency is supervised by the Council of Agriculture, the Executive Yuan of the Republic of China. In order to carry on the duties of serving farmers and developing agricultural food industry, the Agency is divided into six divisions, i.e., Planning, Crop Production, Farm Chemicals and Machinery, Marketing and Processing, Food Industry, and Food Warehousing and Transportation. The first four divisions are sited at the headquarters of the Agency in Chunghsing New Village of Nantou County; and the final two divisions are set up on Hangzhou South Road, in Taipei City.
Additionally, four branch agencies have been established in northern (Taoyuan), central (Changhua), southern (Tainan), and eastern (Hualien) Taiwan to facilitate the implementation of agricultural food policies as well as to deal with the fundamental needs of the farmers.
- The Crop Production Division：
- Plan and guide the development plans and projects for the grains and speciality.
- Plan, execute, and guide the service projects of growing and marketing management for the grains and speciality.
- Collect and analyze the industrial information for the grains and speciality.
- The Farm Chemicals and Machinery Division
- Plan, drive, and guide the verifying GAP (Good Agricultural Product) mark for safe use of farm chemicals.
- Provide services of marketing the GAP vegetable and fruit.
- Plan and guide research, demonstration & popularization, and education & training for farm machinery and automation.
- Popularize organic fertilizer and green manure.
- Issue and manage fertilizer licenses.
- Help checking and handling cases related to farm crop pollution as well as monitor heavy metal pollution.
- The Marketing and Processing Division
- Plan, serve, supervise the research and improvement of farm product marketing and route relating technique.
- Other managing affairs related to farm product marketing.
- Plan, serve, and supervise verifying license rules and establishing brands.
- Plan, serve, and supervise the strategic and integrative marketing for the farm production and marketing groups.
- The Food Industry Division
- Affairs related to wheat and flour.
- Plan and supervise administration affairs for food dealers.
- Plan and supervise loan projects for food dealers and rice purchased from the farmers’ cooperative.
- Provide service for organic rice production.
- Plan and supervise paddy/dry land rotation, non-cultivation period finance distribution and data set up.
- The Food Warehousing and Transportation Division
- Set up ways, price and quantities of price guaranty purchasing for rice.
- Plan and supervise establishing database of paddy/dry land rotating and stopping cultivation.
- Plan and supervise purchasing and managing rice due to natural disaster.
- Plan and supervise both inventory check and warehouse management system.
- The Secretariat
- Trace the affairs instructed from supervisor as well as handed over affairs.
- Integrate, coordinate, process, and trace important bill such as from director meeting.
- Integrate reports for important actions weekly and monthly.
- Inspect, push, and control official documents
- Other affairs not belong to any divisions.
- The Personnel Office
- Propose reserving talent staff, labor power plan for staff.
- et up personnel regulations.
- Propose service, public errand, time off, hard/lazy worker for staff.
- Propose brownie point, award/punish, training, further education, and protection for staff.
- Propose salary, benefit, insurance, retirement, lay-off payment, and smart money for staff.
- Manage, analyze and apply the personnel information of staff.
- Manage affairs in the Agency and related personnel in the organization.
- Other affairs related to personnel management.
- The Accounting Office
- Compile budget and distribution of budget for each unit of the Agency.
- Manage food affairs using agricultural development funds, make final accounts, and manage affairs within accounting office.
- Compile payment receipts, balances, and collection voucher for booking credit transfer.
- Check, appropriate, and reserve funds for each subsidized or authorized project.
- Manage other affairs related to accounting, annual balance, and temporary affairs.
- The Civil Service Ethic Office
- Manage prevention, discovering, and accusing affairs for staffs having illegal cases in the Agency.
- Propose innovation of civil ethic, evaluation and reward.
- Receive and check property reports of official staffs in the Agency.
- Verify transferring, promoting, reward affairs for members in the farmers’ cooperatives of related organizations.
- Other affairs related to the civil ethic.
- Propose employing, removing, transferring, promoting, reward affairs for statistics staffs in the Agency and its organizations.
In the past, we have continuously stepped in steady paces, and positively carried out each service of grain policies. We have established the profound foundation for the Taiwan’s grain policies and coordinated the service adjustment of government function. Besides constantly propelling the original service of grain policies, the duty bureau positively continued each service of agricultural policies.
In the future, we will coordinate the agricultural policies of the higher authority government and step forward:
- Assure of the grain security, maintain the ecological environment, and safeguard the native farmers’welfare.
- Maintain the foundation of industry development, and promote the diverse functions of agriculture.
- Coordinate and promote the economic industry of agricultural knowledge. Enhance the additional value of the products. Promote competition of industry and create the new green revolution of Taiwan’s agriculture.
We hope to provide the best quality services and sincerely expect that seniors from all walks of life can give us constructive criticism and encouragement for every agricultural business of HLFD.
Eastern Region Branch Agriculture and Agency
No.512, Zhong-Hua Road, Hualian City 970, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
No.163, Sec. 2, Jhongshan Rd., Yilan City 260, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
No.67, Datong Rd., Taitung City 950, Taiwan (R.O.C.)